Summer Camp Employment Opportunties for Kayakers and Whitewater Enthusiasts
select a region:
Kayaking Jobs in the Western United States
- Supervise a group of 7-8 students (2 staff per group), for 24 hrs/day, on 10 to 26 day courses; facilitate a safe and successful experience during adventure-based courses; facilitate the development of life skills, organizational skills, self-esteem, problem-solving strategies, communication techniques, and social skills.
- Assist in developing personal goals for each student; write a comprehensive student evaluation at the end of each course; and act as a role model for students by demonstrating maturity, responsibility, good organizational skills, and professional behavior.
- Minimum 21 years of age (some exceptions allowed); 2 years of college experience, in human service related field preferred (e.g., Education, Psychology, Recreation); current WFA and CPR certifications; Lifeguard required for FL & CA staff; experience and/or desire to work with LD and AD/HD youth; patience, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility.
- Complete a staff application on-line at http://soarnc.org/about-soar/employment-opportunities/ or contact Andrea Wackerle, SOAR, PO Box 388, Balsam, NC 28707, (828)456-3435, email@example.com
- Work with groups of 7-8 students with 2 instructors to facilitate a safe and successful experience during the adventure activity portions of 10 to 26 day courses.
- Minimum 21 years of age (some exceptions allowed). Minimum of 2 years college experience, preferable in Recreation Therapy, Outdoor Recreation, Education, or Psychology. WFA and CPR required (WFR preferred for WY & CA). Lifeguard certification required for FL, WY and CA staff.
- Strong experience required in technical skills such as rock site facilitation and management, ropes course facilitation, white water rafting, caving, mountain biking, or ocean/water activities (FL & CA only). Patience, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, maturity, and integrity required. Use of personal vehicle required for NC & WY.
- Complete a staff application on-line at http://soarnc.org/about-soar/employment-opportunities/ or contact Laura Pate, SOAR, PO Box 388, Balsam, NC 28707, (828)456-3435, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking enthusiastic leaders to work with youth 8-16 years old in a residential mountain ranch camp; must demonstrate interest in working with children and the outdoors.
- Positions include: backpacking leaders, horsemanship, crafts, woodworking, ceramics, hiking, camping, and general counselors.
- Must be 19 years old and have completed 1 year of college or equivalent work experience by June.
- For more information, please see: http://www.bar717.com/staff/job-opportunities/
- Instructors lead activities that include backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, caving, canoeing, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, ice climbing, ziplining, cooking, orienteering
- The six-person instructor team works closely together to coordinate all aspects of the trip, including instruction in all outdoor activities, risk management, managing group dynamics, menu planning, purchasing food, laundry, transportation, coordinating with outfitters, maintaining equipment and handling medical issues.
- Benefits include a competitive salary, a travel stipend, access to pro-purchase discounts, and the opportunity to work both summer (early June to mid-August) and fall school group programs (late August through late October in North Carolina).
- Applicants must be 21 years of age (college graduate or degree in progress preferred), have a valid WFR/CPR certification (or be willing to acquire one), several years experience working with youth and leading outdoor programs and be willing to work long hours with little to no time off.